Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Will someone please just come and tell me what to do?

We went and looked at that apartment last night. It's a 4 plex. It's in a nice neighborhood and right across from a big park. It's cheap enough but not dumpy. It has some down sides like a tiny kitchen and the back door being in the bedroom; but like I'm not indecisive enough the landlady wants to know our decision TONIGHT and wants $50 down to hold it. It's the first place we've looked at but we do want to move by August so I am torn.

So, Hubby and I have been talking about him joining the National Guard lately. I didn't think he was serious but yesterday he comes home and says he wants to do it. SO. I think it's a good thing - overall, but I'm nervous. He would be gone for 4 months for basic and training and then who knows...

Oh, and, he also wants to get married ASAP before he joins. I think that scares me more. If anything happens to him and we're not married I get nothing, plus married people have less change of being sent to war (not a guarantee either way) so yeah, ALL of this plus moving could go down in say a month or so.

EEEEEk, right?!

EEEk indeed.

OH WTF!? A WEDDING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(busy deep breathing...................)

I was all "what? just do it at the courthouse and off you go? sounds like you're off to war or something" and that's scary. I want a pretty dress and some of the bridezilla fanatics and cake and the whole caboodle (well maybe half the caboodle) but he said "oh you can do all that later when we have money" but that's not the same! I resisted the urge to complain because he is doing this to better his family and our lives and I don't want to be selfish. He's had the whole big fancy wedding before so he doesn't care if we do it again. but I do.

So, I can picture me in jeans at the court-frickin-house with my baby on my hip followed by a reception at a bar. Can you say White Trash?

It's almost laughable. No wait............... I am laughing, I think it's cause I'm delirious with that last prospect!


SHOT GUN WEDDING EVERYONE! BYOB FOR THE RECEPTION...............WAIT IT'S AT A BAR, BRING TACO DIP INSTEAD!

No comments: